“Why are you downcast, oh my soul? Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my savior and my God.”
Dear Friends and Family,
Since water problems (I lost hot water again about a week ago) seem to be my issue this year, I think it’s only fitting to quote the idiom “when it rains, it pours” right about now. The MAK community is being hit on all sides, so I’m writing a short update to ask you to pray for some particular things. I’m not sure why the Lord is allowing all of this heartache and weariness, but I know that like the psalmist, we need to continue to put our hope in God. Would you join me in remembering the following points of prayer?
In His Grip,
* Pray for an 8th grade student at our school named Adrienne whose mom passed away this week after a long battle with cancer. Adrienne’s mom was a believer, and Adrienne says she is, though her faith is not strong. Her father and brother are not believers. Pray for the three of them and their extended family as they grieve this loss.
* Pray for family relationships of the staff at our school. Overseas ministry can sometimes take a great toll on families and marriages. Pray for reconciliation and redeeming grace.
* Pray that the message of the gospel will break down the strongholds of false idols and false religion in Taiwan. Pray for continued ministry opportunities for me through school, through church, and through relationships with people in the local community.
* Pray for God to be exalted through his people, the Church. Several of the churches that I have called home have recently seen very rocky times. Pray that we, God’s people, would “humble [ourselves] and pray and seek His face and turn from [our] wicked ways” so that God will “hear from heaven and will forgive [our] sin and heal [our] land” (2 Chronicles 7:14).
* Pray for Sara as she continues to seek the Lord’s wisdom on what steps to take for next year.
* Pray for Ashleigh as she travels to Canada to work for a broadcasting company during the Olympics. She leaves on Saturday and will be gone for almost a month.
* Praise God for his continued faithfulness even throughout times of heaviness of heart. His love endures forever.